11 April 2010

serendipitous potter moment


I was in the Berkeley area last week visiting a friend and crafting my brains out. On my list of things to do was to drop in on the studios of "Fourth and Clay" to possibly pick up a piece by christa assad. The universe had a different connection in mind, though. As I spoke with the artist staffing the gallery and looked at her pots, I realized that I had purchased one of her beautiful mugs at a clay conference in Portland about 4 years ago..not knowing the potter, just loving the cup.
Leif (husband person) had been chastised for breaking said loved piece over a year ago. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to replace it and to meet the maker who is as lovely as her work.
Thanks Josie, it was a pleasure. To visit Josie's blog:http://josiejurczenia.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment